Do you think you have an underactive thyroid?
The fact is, while thyroid
issues are much more common in women, many — if not most — still remain undiagnosed or misdiagnosed. Here’s
- Symptoms of hypothyroidism can be mistaken for the similar symptoms of
sex hormone imbalance.
- Women with mild and moderate symptoms may suffer from subclinical hypothyroidism
— commonly called “low thyroid” — meaning even when they experience symptoms, their test results may
appear in the “normal” range.
If you’re not feeling quite right, it’s
worth taking a closer look at the symptom list below. Because once you know you’re suffering from an underactive thyroid,
you can take steps, many of the natural, to restore your thyroid and feel better.
* severe fatigue, loss of energy
* weight gain, difficulty losing weight
and depressed mood
* joint and muscle pain
* dry skin, brittle nails
* brittle hair, itchy
scalp, hair loss
* irregular periods, PMS symptoms
* breast milk formation
* calcium metabolism difficulties
* difficulty tolerating cold and lower body temperature
* sleeping more than average
* diminished sex drive
* puffiness in face and extremities
* bruising/clotting problems
* elevated levels of LDL (the “bad”
cholesterol) and heightened risk of heart disease
* allergies that suddenly appear or
* persistent cold sores, boils, or breakouts
* tingling sensation in wrists and hands that mimics carpal tunnel syndrome
memory loss, fuzzy thinking, difficulty following conversation or train of thought
slowness or slurring of speech
* appearance of a goiter, an enlargement of the thyroid
that is externally visible
By understanding the symptoms of hypothyroidism, women may identify
issues earlier and find relief. If left untreated, symptoms may worsen over time.
In addition to hypothyroidism, thyroid issues include Hashimoto’s disease, when
the body forms antibodies that fight its own thyroid gland cells, creating permanent low thyroid function. Another condition
is hyperthyroidism, which is an overactive thyroid. For more information, please see our page on hyperthroidism.
If you suffer from several or more of the above symptoms and are worried that you
could have a thyroid problem, your next best step would be to call us at 727-938-9966 to discuss your options.
Our Gr8Life Program for Thyroid Support
Natural relief for thyroid issues
like low energy, unusual weight gain, and skin issues
Our unique combination approach
can restore thyroid balance to relieve the symptoms that are interrupting your life. We have had women have come to us since
1994 for answers to their thyroid issues — loss of energy, weight gain, fuzzy thinking, muscle aches, difficulty tolerating
the cold, hair and skin changes, and more. You get an exclusive integrated plan of medicine, supplements, thyroid-specific
lifestyle and diet guidance, and support you can count on.
Call us to talk over your thyroid health
concerns — 1-727-938-9966. We can help.